Refurbishment and upgrading
CAF executes refurbishment and upgrade projects, designed to comply with the requirements of each and every customer.
CAF can extend the useful life of old vehicles either by updating their systems or by creating new designs. Obsolete equipment is replaced with advanced technical solutions. This ensures that refurbished vehicles achieve improved reliability and availability levels.
- Extension of the vehicle service life.
- Improved reliability of the vehicle fitted with new equipment.
- Improved vehicle functionality, by installing new technologies.
- Improved vehicle comfort, through new interior equipment.
- Revamped vehicle appearance.
- The replacement of systems and their integration on current vehicles. This includes auxiliary equipment such as HVAC, the pneumatic system, and complete train control and traction systems.
- Overhaul of different sub-systems such as bogies, doors, etc.
- Structural repairs and carbody conditioning.
- Redesign of interior components and cosmetic aspects.